Thursday, March 31, 2011

He’s Back: Chris Brown’s F.A.M.E Debuts at #1

By: Ebony L. McCline
It’s been years since I’ve walked into a store to buy an actual album. With internet radio, the shift to buying music online with iTunes, and the fact that music is no longer what it use to be, I just haven’t been excited about “New Music Tuesday” in a very long time, but last week was different. After a long day at the office, I rushed to Target to purchase Chris Brown’s much-anticipated F.A.M.E album. 
As a music lover, it’s quite easy for me to separate the music from the person. For this reason, I was intrigued to see what F.A.M.E had to offer. Prior to the release date, the uproar on Twitter played a huge role in my decision to contribute to Chris’ album sales. The excitement that “Team Breezy” exhibited, somehow had an affect on me; I was in. 
I got in my car, popped in the CD, and I was instantly satisfied. I was already familiar with a number of the tracks, because they were previously released as singles. "Deuces," "No BS," "Yeah 3x," and "Look At Me Now" were already hits in my eyes, but there were a few other ballads that took my heart. In "Up 2 You," he sings about how he’s learned from the mistakes of his past relationships and he won’t mess up the new one. While "All Back," which happens to be my favorite, hits a home run as he sings about wanting a relationship back after a break up; I’m sure a lot of us can relate. F.A.M.E is not just an album filled with sappy love songs; in fact, a majority of the tracks have crazy beats that make you want to stop what you’re doing to dance. 
Whether you want to call it Fans Are My Everything or Forgiving All of My Enemies, F.A.M.E is a must-have. After selling 270,000 copies in its first week, followed by an exceptional performance on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, it’s safe to say that Chris is letting his music speak for itself. 

1 comment: