Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Azealia Banks: A Breath of Fresh Air

By: Isis Nicole

I’m always anxious to find something musically refreshing. Luckily, Bronx-native Azealia Banks is my most recent addition, quenching my thirst. Her boldness is contagious, her sound is authentic, and her cool, calm demeanor is bad, in a good way. As you know, talented female rappers are hard to find, but there is no doubt that Azealia Banks is a jewel. She makes spitting over tracks sound effortless, delving into multiple genres in just three minutes. How can someone so beautiful be so gangster with lyrics….seriously?! I’m hoping to hear much more from her and other independent label artists. For now, I'm patiently awaiting Azealia's much anticipated debut album on XL Recordings. Goodbye phonies, hello Hip Hop!


No comments:

Post a Comment