Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicago’s Lakefront

By: Songine’ Clarke

In any city, it's pretty common to have a favorite place to visit. Sometimes it's a specific place like a restaurant or an attraction. However, it can also be some place simple, where there's no price to pay, but the experience it just as much rewarding.

Lake Michigan is probably one of my favorite places in Chicago, and it just so happens that it's a popular past time for those who grew up in the city. I just love standing on the lakefront, staring at the large body of water in front of me. It gives me such peace, it can be romantic, and it can be inspiring to look at (when the weather is nice out). I love going to the lakefront to think and just clear my mind. Just staring out at the water can make you think about how blessed you are to even be able to live in a city like Chicago (despite of some of the challenges the city face). I'm not a native of Chicago, but I think once I’ve been here for awhile, I still wouldn’t be tired of the lake. It’s part of what makes Chicago so special. What’s your favorite place to go to in your hometown?

No comments:

Post a Comment