Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chicago: I Love You!

By: Isis Nicole

Home is where the heart is but nothing in Cincinnati compares to a beautiful city like Chicago. Now, don't get it confused, I don't want it to seem like I'm betraying my city, but it's the truth! There are so many great things about Chicago. I love the noise. I love the architecture. I love the wind. I love the diversity. However, all those things don't compare to the amount of love I have for the food in this city.

This is definitely the place I want to spend more of my life before I start my adventure on the east coast. I've been going to college in Chicago for four years and during that time, I’ve done a lot of growing up. I started off feeling alone because my family wasn't near, and I wasn’t familiar with my surroundings. I started to make friends once I begin to break out of my shell. I met new people and gained this sort of Mid-western "hauteur." Okay that word is a little strong, but I did increase my confidence being so tiny in such a big city. 

It’s the perfect mixture of peace and play; however, I do wish there was more of a vibrant energy toward fashion. It’s very business casual meets street chic (to be cliché). Other than that, I would definitely recommend Chicago to anyone hoping to be blown away, so pack your bags and visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment