Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life AFTER College

By: Isis Nicole
As autumn nears, I’m starting to freak out about the start of the semester. After all, it will be my fourth year as a college student. When I was a senior in high school, I looked at graduation as a golden ticket to paradise, with paradise being college, or as I like to call it, my home away from home. 
Now that I’m a senior in college, home away from home seems like the gateway to responsibilities. Bills on top of bills, bank loan denials, career struggles, and less time to catch up on my much-needed beauty sleep. It's weird how you wait your entire childhood to become "grown," but when you get there, it's an entirely different story. Most of your adulthood, your wishing you were a kid again, right? 
However, if you look at the bigger picture, growing up doesn’t have to suck. I’ve seen adults before me make the impossible, possible, and I’ll be damned if I get wrinkles and gray hairs by the age of 22. In my eyes, life after college will mainly be determined by how I make the most out of it. Today is going to be treated like a blessing. I have faith in the evidence of things not seen…don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment