Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Official Cash Only Blog Post


Creative Writing

Cash Only, Chapters 1 , 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 available now!

Hello GMO Family! Thank you for taking the time to read chapters one and two of my in-production novel, Cash Only. So, what do you think so far? Do you know a Tracie – an artsy type whose had her heart broken one too many times, but who hasn’t lost hope and always falls for the WRONG guy?

How about a Lynda? She’s the youngest one in your clique – the “baby.” She’s smart, a little defensive about being called the baby (among other things) and has a tendency to push just a little too hard? And we all know a Nyla. This is the mom of your crew -- the one you call to talk you off a ledge, the one who tells you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear? She’s the strong one, but if you’re really her girl you know there’s a vulnerable side to her too – she’s growing just like you. Or maybe you know a Punisher? He’s the bad boy with a good heart. He knows his power over women and he uses it to his advantage (not maliciously of course).

There are many more colorful characters to come. What I want to know is how you feel about these central characters first – are they believable, where do you see them going and what would you change, if anything? I have a pretty strong tolerance for the truth when it comes to my writing (you don’t get through Journalism classes and red pens without building up a pretty tough skin) so let me know what’s working and what’s not. Cash Only is in infancy and I mean it when I say I want you, my Glossy family, to come with me as the novel, and myself as a novelist, grows.

-Tiffani, GMO Publisher


1 comment:

  1. Hello All! I am working on the next chapter of "Cash Only," which will be Nyla's big introduction. What do you think of the book so far? I appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete