Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Blockbusters

By: Isis Nicole
They cherry on top of every summer is music festivals, cookouts, and movies. Yes, I said movies!!! Secretly, I'm anticipating the release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Although I didn’t get to experience the making of Transformers, I'll be overjoyed come July 1. The fact that the film crew took over one of the busiest streets in Chicago for a number of weeks, adds to my excitement. To say that the movies’s trailer is intense is an understatement. I’m pretty sure anything with Jesse Eisenberg and Aziz Ansari will be hilarious. Transformers will undoubtedly provide us with a healthy dose of action for these hot months. 

As for comedy, the sequel to The Hangover is sure to deliver this Memorial Day weekend. “Bromances” will spark over drunken recollections for a second time. Oftentimes, it’s hard for a sequel to live up to the original, but my guess is that this movie will come close. 
Adding to the list of movies that aren’t the original is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Shot for the first time in 3D, fans can look forward to seeing something different when they enter theaters this Friday. The particular franchise appears to have longevity. So, there may be more to come. 

With a little bit of something for everyone, this should be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment